This article will take you step-by-step on how to set up your Switch Wallet. It will provide you with details on why a Switch wallet is necessary.
Why Is a Switch Wallet Important?
Your Switch Wallet is vital to our Switch ecosystem. Without a wallet, you cannot store, send, Switch, or spend your digital rewards. Your wallet will enable you to Switch your rewards to fiat.
Another important reason to own a wallet is for node owners to store their Switch Rewards. Without a wallet Node owners cannot receive Switch Rewards. If you are a node owner, you need a Switch Wallet.
How to Set Up a Switch Wallet
1. Open your browser and navigate to switchrewardcard.com
2. In the top right hand corner, click on the Login button. If you don't have a login you will need to refer to THIS article.
3. Log in with the same user name and password that you used the first time you signed up for your Switch account.
- Note that having the same username and password is extremely important for those that have purchased a node. If you have forgotten your password click HERE.
4. Once you have logged into your account click on "Set Up" in the upper right hand corner menu of the screen.
5. Click on "Next Step: Create Your Wallet - GET STARTED"
6. Click on "COMPLETE MY SET UP NOW"
7. Write down your Profile ID then click on "CONTINUE TO WALLET CREATION"
8. Create a password that is different from any of your passwords that you normally have. This will be the password that you do not normally use. We recommend writing this password down.
9. After this, you will be given a recovery phrase. If somehow you forget your password in the future, your recovery phrase is the only way that you will be able to reset your password. It is important that you write down this phrase and keep it safe.
10. Click on "SHOW RECOVERY PHRASE." Again, we recommend that you write your recovery phrase down and keep it safe.
11. After you have written your phrase down, click continue.
12. You will be tested on random words from your recovery phrase to ensure that you have written down your recovery phrase. Match the correct words to the number of words they were in the list and click next. You should have to answer this correctly 3 times with different words from your recovery phrase.
13. Click continue and you have correctly set up your wallet!
After you have correctly done all these steps you have correctly set up your Switch Wallet! Congratulations!