Bill Wallets allow you to link your bills to a Wallet and automatically pay them without having to open a Wallet each time.
This page will show you how to create and pay bills through a Virtual Bill Wallet. The most distinct and amazing thing about Virtual Bills Wallets is that a unique virtual debit card* and unique account number is generated specifically for EACH bill Wallet .Virtual Bill Wallets can be used with a single merchant, or with multiple merchants by using that bill wallet's unique card or account number for multiple bills/merchants.
For example, say you wanted to make a "Housing" bill wallet. You could fund that wallet with your overall budget for housing, and have your mortgage, HOA fees, and homeowner's insurance all connected to and paid from your Housing wallet. Amazing!
To set up a Virtual Bill Wallet
- Open your Switch Mobile App and go to the Bills Screen, then tap the Add Wallet icon.
- Follow the prompts to enter a Name for your bill wallet, then choose an Icon and Color.
- Select a bill frequency from the options provided. If there is no set schedule for this bill, choose "Variable."
- Select the next due date for this bill. If you don't know the exact date, estimate it best you can. (The due date is used for reminders only and has no impact on whether the bill is approved or denied.) This step will be skipped if you chose "Variable" as your bill frequency.
- Set your Monthly Budget and Bill Amount. For a monthly bill, both amounts might be the same. However, for other frequencies, monthly budget and bill amount may be different. For example, if you have an annual tax bill of $1,200, the bill amount will be $1,200 and monthly budget will be $100 to ensure you have enough money saved by the bill due date. Then select Done.
- Your Virtual Bill Wallet is created and ready for use. Make sure to fund it now, so your bills won't get declined. Nice work!