This article will walk you through your next steps.
To get started:
- If you do not already have a Switch account created, you can create one HERE and click on Sign Up. Create an account that has the same email address as the one you used to purchase your nodes:
- Log in to your account and click “Setup” to complete your account set up and create your reward wallet. See this article for more information on your reward wallet and it's importance.
- Once your wallet is created, you will want to either:
- Set up your VPS: You will need 1 VPS for every Smart Node purchased and/or 1 VPS for every 100 Lite Nodes. Click on the icon in your dashboard that says "Set up VPS." This article will walk you through the steps of getting those set up. Follow these step by step.
- Download the Node software: The link can be found in your Switch Account by logging in and clicking "Nodes." At the bottom you will see the following:
**PLEASE NOTE: You need to set up a VPS OR download the node software per license. Doing both will result in the following: If you own 1 Smart Node license which you download the node software and ALSO set up the smart node on a VPS, your node software will incorrectly show that 2 nodes are online and your strength will be reduced to 50%. To correct this, you will need to either uninstall the VPS or uninstall the node software. You will not see rewards or distribution for extra nodes online. They must have licenses assigned to them in order to gain the rewards.
- Once these steps are all completed you will be good to go! You’ll want to make sure in your dashboard on the Switch website (first link above) that when you click “Nodes” it shows the same number of "Smart Node licenses" to the amount of "Nodes Online." Please note that this currently displays yesterday's results. Switch is working on bringing current status of nodes, please watch our socials for more updates to this feature.
*If you purchased your node through Connect United you will need to link your Switch account with Connect. You can find those instructions here.