Changing your account password, the password used to login to the Switch website, will result in any nodes running on the account to fall offline. Here are the steps you can follow to get your nodes running again.
- Login to your VPS servers site, we recommend Vultr.
- Navigate to the "Products" screen and click the 3 dots to the right of the instance. Then select "Server Restart"
- A screen will pop up that will verify that you want to restart the server.
- Use the steps found here to set your node back up. You will start from the middle of the article under Switch Node Installation, Step 2. You will need to do this for each server you have running nodes.
- If using the node software download to run your node, you will need to open the software and log back in using the new password.
Once done, log back into the Switch Website and navigate to the "nodes" tab. Make sure the servers online are enough to run your nodes. Smart Nodes require 1 server each, up 100 Lite nodes require 1 server.